October 10, 2013

Are you into rod building?

I love fishing at a 360 degrees. I like to catch fish with lures but also I enjoy modifying lures, tie flies and build rods from time to time. I did build 6 rods in total and even though they are not the state of the art rods I am still very proud of them and I fish with them all the time.
My first rod was a 3 piece custom travel rod. I used a baston blank, fuji alconite guides, seat and eva grips. I did some messy job with the wrapping and epoxy but in the end I ended up with a very functional rod that I still use from time to time. There is nothing more rewarding that catching a fish with a lure you made and a rod you built at home.

If you are interested in rod building or you want to learn more about it you can check the very good videos made by the guys at Mudhole. Mudhole is a US based company that sells rod building equipment and I can say that they are one of the best available online.





You can find more videos here : MUDHOLE YOUTUBE

Another video here:



A Japanese one here about wrap coating:


No comments: