February 19, 2012

Geecrack Field Pouch: The ultimate LRF Bag?


I am very interested in fishing gear. Not only tackle but also anything related to it transportation. I try and test many models and decide on which one is the best to use. I have started with non specific outdoor bags, I tried fly fishing specific gear with success, but lately I have focused on anything that would work perfectly for my type of fishing.  I did lots of research online and found very interesting brand, that of course, is from Japan.
The company is called Geecrack and in my opinion they make some fine products specific for the saltwater anglers. They have a range of products that includes bags, hip bags, slingbags, jig bags, backpacks and so on. The color choices are wide and you can definitely find something for your taste.
The Field Pouch got my attention. I was looking for something compact for my LRF fishing. The hipbag I currently use is a fly fishing bag from Fishpond. A very reputable Fly fishing gear company, but it was too big for my need.
Anyway, to cut it short, I put my hands on this great Geecrack bag. Is this the bag I was looking for? Didn't try it yet but it surely looks like a winner. Enjoy the review below and the official video too! Every picture has some caption under it.

My rate:


Here are the specs:

Size14cmx horizontal vertical thickness 8cm 20cmx
Material600D ripstop / poly
ColorsBlack Camo / Black Orange / Black pick / Purple Black / Green Purple / Green Purple / Pink

Here is the official video:





My review:
Cool logo.

Here is the bag. Comes with a shoulder strap too. I chose the black/fluo
green combo. Looks nice enough.

Detail of the Geecrack logo. The material is very durable nylon 600 D nylon

The rear has an attachment for the belt. I think it is useful if you want
to use it almost as a mini hip bag. I am planning to use it this way.


Also comes with a blue anodized carabiner. It gives the possibility to attach it
virtually everywhere you want.
The front zip is great for small items such as leader spools or even
car keys.
Front pouch is useful for small items or even cell phones.

Inside is where it shines most. Double compartment with separator.

I can fit three Meiho Boxes :  One Large, One Medium Sized SFC Boxes and
a small Meiho "cellphone like" small terminal tackle box. More than
enough for any kind of LRF. Actually the L size allows to carry even14 cm lures
so it can be used for some medium weight fishing too.

Here is the bag with all the boxes inside. Still looks
compact and easy to transport.
Another cool feature is the pliers sheath.
Very essential!

The bag is ready to go! Enjoy it.




No comments: